Thoughts for relaxing in front of the camera

Are you getting your family photos taken by me soon?
I thought I would write a little something to help you out:

Well one thing I want you to know about me before hand is that I try to make my photo sessions as laid back and easy going as possible. I am a full time stay at home Mom and totally understand how kids act. So not much surprises me from crying, and not wanting photographed. I am really up for new ideas, poses etc. You are welcome to bring photos or a list of poses you have seen in magazines, holiday cards, photos. It helps if you have an idea of what you want done. This way you are happy with what you are getting.
I am up for whatever you would like to recreate. I love suggestions and spontaneity.
I love people so this is my favorite thing to do is meet you and capture this special time in your life.

The biggest thing I want for you to be taking away in your photos is joy and happiness of the love in your family. I love shooting candid photos so I try to have you just act normal as though you are hanging out, take photos and just act like I am not even there. Then we can do the poses after this way you are more relaxed comfortable in front of the camera. Just try to be as relaxed as possible. Because I am mostly looking at the lighting, composition etc, and the technical aspects. Not how you look until after I take the photo. This should help you relax a little, plus whatever emotion your feeling shows up. So the more fun your having makes the photos much more beautiful!

0 comments: