Test of Faith

I learned what that meant this year when my husband drove himself to the hospital after work one night earlier this year. He felt like he was having symptoms of a heart attack. They tested his blood and found out that he had protein in his blood which meant that he either had one or was going to have one. So they admitted him. It was a very scary time for me. I didn't know if I was going to lose him that night or the next 4 days while he was in there. The next day they did an angioplasty and looked at his heart. Well they tell us this test could kill him. Which was frightening itself. I was crying and my family was back in Pittsburgh (where I am from).
Our pastor came in to visit him one day and I broke down and cried. I said I have been a christian since I was young and had faith. But you get to the point that you don't know what to think of feel. You are just scared. Everyone told me that God was still in control, which didn't really help. I already knew that. So I searched scriptures and prayed constantly. Till I came to the point where I learned that God was testing my faith. Maybe he was testing me to see how far I could stretch my faith. I kept thinking but God has His own timing when it comes to when it's time for someone's death. It was ultimately up to Him. I thought of my husband's best friend who died a few years ago who was youth Pastor and had a wife and a 3 year old. He died of getting a 3rd kidney during surgery.
In the end the doctors released my husband and said they thought it was a virus that went to his heart. Wow what a scary thing to happened. But now I know what God testing your faith means.

0 comments: